Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Commuter's Guide:Maginhawa -Malingap St., Quezon City via LRT line 2 and Food Trip

Though I live near the area, Maginhawa St. is still foreign to me despite it being famous as to go to food place. (Yeah, I know, I can be a couch potato sometime or anti social..)

My friends have been there, My brother has been there, Now I can say that I have been there thanks to my good friend.

THE ITINERARY
Our Itinerary for this foodtrip supposedly was Gayuma ni Maria, PINO, Sancho's, Crazy Katzu and Moon Leaf . But since we only had a limited time, we were able to go to Gayuma ni Maria, PINO and above it, the PIPINO Restaurant (a vegetarian restaurant), Sancho and Chad Dao.

HOW TO GO TO MAGINHAWA ST. and MALINGAP ST.
From LRT 2 (Purple Line) Anonas Station, go down the station (your on the right side when after going down you pass by a supermarket and mercury drugstore) and enter St. Joseph (it is the church beside mercury)

Upon entering St. Joseph, on its right (facing the pastoral office) is a small corridor where you can pass through passing the pastoral office of St. Joseph Church, and a gate to the gym of st. Joseph School.

At the end of the corridor is a pool of jeepney. Ride the one going to SM Fairview or Litex. (Fare as of this writing Jan 2012 is PHP8.00) and tell the driver to drop off at V. Luna Extension (Land Mark: Rose Pharmacy, SM Savemore, Stoplight).


NOTE: You will know that you are already near V. Luna Extension when you pass by the street where in the middle there's a big tree and a statue. You will also pass by Jollibee.
The Jeepney driver will drop you off at Rose Pharmacy. Just walk across the street to where there is a line of tricycle waiting for passenger beside SM Savemore (supermarket across Rose Pharmacy).

Going to your choice of restaurant or food establishment, you could just ride a trike and tell the driver the restaurant name and the street name (like what we did when we went to PINO =)).
Source: Google Maps

FOOD HAVEN:
Gayuma ni Maria
From SM Savemore walk up to Gayuma ni Maria Passing 3M Pizza and Silong Spa. Gayuma ni Maria is beside Silong Spa.


PINO and PIPINO Restaurant
From Gayuma ni Maria Restaurant, take a tricycle going to Malingap St.
Note: it is infront of DonDay Restaurant (I've yet to try this korean buffet restaurant but I got alot of praise from my friends.. so I guess it's worth a try =))

     
    

Sancho
This is located at Maginhawa St. It is just a short walk from PINO and PIPINO Restaurant.
** wasn't able too take pictures too preoccupied chatting with my goodfriends =)

Cha Dao Tea Place
This is just four or five houses or establishment away from Sancho's.
A great place to end the Food Trip.



**************** 
Hope you guys will enjoy the food trip as much as I did. 
Good food + Good Company (courtesy of good friends) = Perfect Food Trip


“I am not a glutton - I am an explorer of food” 


“You can't just eat good food. You've got to talk about it too. And you've got to talk about it to somebody who understands that kind of food.” 
― Kurt VonnegutJailbird

2 comments:

  1. Are there tricycles available near anonas station that will take you to v luna extension (save more)? And if ever how much it would probably cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, there are tricycles behind St. Joseph church that might be able to take you to V. Luna Extension but I havent tried it so price wise I cant tell you if thats cheaper.

      Delete